‣ 100 Year Guarantee~ This set will be last you ever need. GUARANTEED. If it’s our fault that your set breaks we’ll fix it or replace it for free for 100 years under our warranty. Why 100 years? We want you to pass these on to whomever is next in line and trust that we will take care of them just like we did with you.
‣ Made by Hand ~This set is handmade by a master craftsman. Once it's in your hands you'll know that there is simply no comparison to cheap factory-made imitations. Simply looking at this wondrous set will inspire you.
‣ Gorgeous Olive Wood ~ Made with gorgeously luminous olive wood. With its subtle grains and supple feel, this is one of our favorite materials, and we are certain you'll love it too.
‣ Stunning African Black Wood ~ No paints. No dyes. The black you see on the minaret (top piece), interlocks (separators), placeholder, and accent pieces of this piece is made from 100% premium African Black Wood. One of the most luxurious woods in the world, it was used by ancient Egyptians as a currency, carved into cups for the royalty of the kings of India, and the wood of choice for traditional Islamic crafts.
‣ Handwoven African Tassels ~ This set has rare luxurious African tassels, an intricate art that takes hours of hand threading and embroidery to complete. This tassel was woven by Muhammad from Benin, West Africa. He's a student of the sacred knowledge and is one of the few artisans in the world that know how to thread this specific style. Its method is a well-kept secret.
‣ 33% To Charity~ BasmalaBeads donates 33% of all profits. We know very well that the world's greatest investments are found in that which is given not acquired.
‣ Abacus Counting System (100 beads) ~ This set can count up to 1 MILLION repetitions. Yes, that's right. How you ask? Well, you start by counting to 100 using the main beads, once you finish 100 you move one of the top-counter's beads. There are 10 top-counter beads, so with 10 cycles of 100 counts we are at 1,000! Now for every completion of 1,000 counts, move the secondary counter one position (and reset the top counter) 1,000 x 10= 10,000. You following?! Now for the quantum leap. The secret lies in what we call the abacus bead (the single elongated bead that's tasseled on the main string). For every 10,000 counts, move the Abacus bead one position and fasten it! Around all 100 of the main beads. 10,000 x 100= 1 MILLION. Isn’t it mind-blowing?
‣ Perfume Absorbing ~ One of the unique qualities of this set is that it absorbs perfumed oils such as oud, amber, and musk effectively. Simply wipe any essential oil on your palms and rub them into the beads and tassels. The smell will linger for an extended period of time and will bring an entirely new level to your remembrance.
‣ The Perfect Gift~ We find hand-made premium prayer beads to be the most meaningful and touching gifts money can buy. Nothing says “I love you” like the gift of remembrance.
‣ Fair-trade ~ We take great pride in employing underprivileged women and men and giving them very competitive compensation: helping them make an honest living. This is a sacred art so we do our best to pay and treat our team very well. We are in the business of love and it starts at home!
‣ Made in Small Batches ~ To ensure quality, all BasmalaBeads are made in small batches. This means that our quality is amazing. It also means that we sell out quickly! Once an item sells out, it often takes us a considerable amount of time to replenish. Good things take time. Don't miss out!
‣ Affordable~ While our prices may seem quite high to someone who is not familiar with the market value of premium handcrafted Islamic prayer beads, our prices are actually very reasonable considering the quality and materials.
Handcrafted Islamic prayer beads are quite difficult to make and even more difficult to master. A single set can sometimes require the direct attention of 4 specialized craftsmen to complete.
Furthermore, we insist on paying our craftsmen and women honorable wages. It wouldn't be right to create instruments of intimate devotion in a sweatshop with underpaid workers. Fair-trade in not an optional matter for us, it's a principle-based condition.
If you are not convinced, let us add one more important note. Our prayer beads are guaranteed for life. Meaning that this could quite possibly be the last set you ever purchase. If you are a regular user of Islamic prayer beads (tasbih) our sets will undoubtedly pay for themselves. Cheap imitations have a life of 6 months- 2 years with regular use and can cost anywhere from $10-$25. Do the math :)